Your income is not just limited to $1000, you can add few more zeroes to the figure. There are blogs making 7 figures at year and owner of the blogs have more than one such blogs making it multiple such 7-figures income. So how do few people manage to grab this esteemed position in the market as blogger?
All popular multi-million dollar website you see out there were once a beginner. How did the people behind managed to take it to the top level? It’s not rocket science to launch your content in front of people on the web and get benefits out of it. Let’s explore each aspect that those biggies worked upon one by one from your perspective.
- Niche: Identify the area you can write amazingly on. Doesn’t matter how small it is, it’s still an information for people seeking it, how to open a campaign bottle is still an information for a person who has never tried doing it. Be a little choosy while rounding off a niche, do check the preferred list of niche by google Adsense that are likely to get paid highestIf you don’t believe search anything on good and check the results count under the search box, you’ll be amazed to see how many people on this planet think exactly like you. There many people seeking information always, no exceptions. Analyze what other people are serving, find what they’re missing.If you’re really an expert of that topic, you surely will find a loophole as there always is. No one is perfect. Once you decide the content, you’ll have a clear picture of your target audience.Once you have a clear picture you will be in a position to project better, better you project, more you earn.
- Audience: Research on your audience. What are they looking for, how they act to a piece of information, how to implement it and all that’s needed to establish a good ambiance with your readers. Tools like Alexa & SEMrush would be useful to understand your target audience with the content (keyword wise) as the base. Demographics play a super important role in connecting with readers. It’s as important as your content. Delivering a good quality content at wrong time means nothing to the reader as they already have information with them (doesn’t matter if it’s lower in quality than yours). Demographics gets you that knowledge of the right time. Before you publish your content spend some time to find where your future loyal readers spend their time also find the reason why they spend their time there what that site serves, how they serve and how differently you can serve to your readers.
- Platform: Choose a platform to write on. Be it WordPress, blogger, wix or anything else. Domain name first choose your domain name wisely, the name of your blog is the face of your business. Unfortunately all the single words are taken and cannot be used until released by the previous owners. To begin with, choose a simple name, you can change it later anytime.Next is web hosting. Get a good plan that suits your wallet and to your idea. Buy a web hosting on platforms like Bluehost, HostGator or GoDaddy. While choosing a name make sure you exclude hyphens, numbers and other special characters. They’re hard to remember. Make sure your site name is straight and simple.Once you get these two steps covered, it’s time to install WordPress (platforms where you’ll post your words) and get your blog redesigned.
- Post: Start posting the content. But I recommend you to create at least 20 drafts (if starting from scratch) and post it in one go. Research well and plot well. Content is the king. If you serve what user is looking for, you’re a god to them. More users view your piece more you’ll rise in search engine ranking. There are some key points under this, let’s have look at it one by one.
- Content: Doesn’t matter if the topic is same, if this was a problem then we wouldn’t see more than 1 result in search result page. Your content within is what’ll make the difference. Once you grow, it’s highly important to be consistent in quality.Constantly and swiftly publishing quality content is bliss. Create quality content that is sticky enough for readers, once you scale up your sticky content will do wonders. So it’s better to do this right from day one.
- Keywords: Keywords are baits to search engine. Keywords if rightly used, will draw huge traffic to your site effortlessly. Keywords are really important for blog post to get recognized.Keywords play most important role in bringing your content to readers. As search engine does not remember the information by content, it remembers by keywords. With these reason in mind, it is highly important to blend your keywords in right manner.With right manner I mean not spamming/stuffing your article with keywords, search engine bots would directly declare your content as spam in case keywords are overused.
- SEO Optimize: SEO optimized sites are magnets to iron solid traffic (which in turn transforms into revenue by various means) and as a surprise WordPress takes care of most of the SEO. Take care of few SEO basics to begin with. Advanced level SEO tips aren’t needed for now.
- Practice: These are the baby steps one needs to take in order to slowly but surely grow. Continuously, innovatively and cautiously govern your activities over these basic steps. Create your own schedule to manage your work for the blog, being consistent in producing content is highly recommended (but never be consistent in the content you produce, keep improving on how & how much you deliver. Consistency is death)
- Earnings: Nothing’s best other than Adsense for a high traffic website. If I were to explain Adsense in simple words it’d be “More traffic your site/blog has costlier it is for an advertiser to use your blog as ad space under Google Adsense” so having a good traffic website monetized by Adsense is the best decision. This however, is a step that’s applicable nowhere in near future if your starting from scratch. Affiliate may not work at high traffic website, but AdSense is 100% full proof option once you have commendable traffic.
Once you follow & continuously follow these basic steps I bet you’ll yourself come up with amazing ideas on how to excel at what your learning right now. That’s the magic of learning, once you learn it well you’re ready to teach the innovation you had after learning it.
Share your thoughts on the answer in comments. Share the answer to let concerned people know about the tactics of earning from blogging.